Friday, October 14, 2011

Ginny is an artist when it comes to dyeing fiber. I love her work. It's so much fun to spin her colorways. One of which is Day's End Dawson. I love browns, and blues together. This one I've got from her Etsy store.

FatCatKnits-Day's End Dawson-BFL-4oz

4oz BFL

FCK Day's Endn Dawson-2-ply-4oz-490yds-BFL

FCK Day's Endn Dawson-2-ply-4oz-490yds-BFL

FCK Day's Endn Dawson-2-ply-4oz-490yds-BFL

I've got 490yds of 2-ply yarn. I spun it from brown to the blueish part, with a little shawl in mind (pattern not yet specified).
***
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
***

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colors in that fiber. Love the yarn you spun too.

2paw said...

Hope you all have a great weekend too. I like the brown with the blue too, it's very pretty.

tea said...

Gorgeous gorgeous!!! I'm in awe, as always! <3

Stephanie said...

Love! I think this yarn would work very well for a modern shawl.

Chery said...

Beautiful yarn you spun again! Can't wait to see the shawl.

Sharon said...

Wow! I like how you kept the brown part together and I think it would make a nice accent trim at the edge of a shawlette.

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Wow! Beautiful!
I'm going to be at the Maritime Handspinners' Retreat this weekend. Will you?

Catherine said...

lovely colours and so beautifully spun

BeatrixB said...

wow, indeed. may I ask how you kept the colors together on a 2 ply? did you divide the top lengthwise for two bobbins?

best

Bea

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

She really is an artist ~ and your spinning is art too, BTW :))))

Hope you had a fun and delicious Thanksgiving celebration!

Marissa said...

What gorgeous color!

Crystal said...

I randomly dyed some fibre in a very similar colourway! Now you're making me want to spin it, your yarn came out lovely.

hannah said...

How beautiful this yarn turned out. The colors are perfect for autumn.