Friday, April 02, 2010

Handspun Friday - Delight

Today I show you some Delight:

FatCatKnits-Delight-4oz-Panda 60% sw merino30%bamboo10%nylon

fiber by FatCatKnits: colorway "Delight" Panda, 60% merino, 30% bamboo, 10% nylon.
This was so much fun to spin! I think it's the chunkiest yarn I've made so far, and it's NOT thick thin!

FatCatKnits-Delight-151yds-2-ply-12 WPI-9

yarn: 151yds, 2-ply, 12 WPI

FatCatKnits-Delight-151yds-2-ply-12 WPI-6

Every Spring I'm getting the urge to dye some fiber (but not to clean, weird). I'm spinning some of my last year dyed fiber, and will do some of these next. Except for the candy corn looking one, I like them all. I'm still going to spin it, and try to over dye the finished yarn. Should be fun!

Spring time dyeing - Norwegian Fiber

***

15 comments:

Linda said...

I love the thick spun yarn, I have been trying to do that but it is a bit hit and miss! Lovely dye jobs, something which I haven't tried yet.

http://leafgreenknits.wordpress.com/

Guzzisue said...

:-) looks like you are having fun

momsue84 said...

Your fiber looks like a basket of Easter Eggs, Monika. Beautiful colors! I don't get the urge to clean this time of year, either. Just knit with summer colors. Happy Easter to all of you!

knottygnome said...

i love the panda handspun! i've been meaning to try that blend. all of your dyed fiber is very pretty and colorful too. i can't wait to see what you do with it.

Toby said...

You did a beautiful job spinning that fiber! I'm always curious to see how different a fiber looks going from fiber to a finished yarn, in this case I'm shocked at how little it changed - the finished yarn is exactly what you'd expect (that is if you didn't know how much those colors usually change after they're spun!).

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Lovely yarn! and I like the blue green fibre the best myself.

Sharon V said...

Your yarn is lovely, and the ones waiting to be spun (even the candy corn one) are pretty too!

Now that the weather is changing up, maybe I'll get the nerve to dye some yarn myself. I'm scared!

Michelle said...

Your bulky yarn looks very even. Any plans for it? I love the two dyed rovings on the left. I definitely have a thing for aqua and red lately.

Susan said...

So pretty!

Frieda said...

I love your handspun , but that blue/geen /purple batt is to die for . Can't wait to see it spun up !

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

It's beautifully spun! And reminds me of a pretty Easter egg :) It's too thick for a shawl ~ wonder what you'll make?

RC said...

I love all your spinning! I really need to get more time to sit at the wheel.
your dyed roving looks awesome! you should sell it

Anonymous said...

Dear Monika,
I have just read your blog for the first time in a while. I was shocked to hear that Biko had died. I'm so sorry for your and David's loss, especially coming soon after Sam died.
Wishing you peace,
MargieinMaryland

hannah said...

Lovely yarn! Beautiful fibre. I love the colours!

Life's a Stitch said...

A perfect rainbow!