Friday, February 19, 2010

Handspun Friday - Copenhagen

CJ Kopec Creations-Copenhagen Merino 8oz

When I saw this wonderful colorway on Ravelry, I asked CJ Kopec Creations if she had any of it left. I did not know it was a repeatable colorway, but hurray, it is! I also didn't understand right away, that these are batts, but really wonderful prepared. I still had some difficulties spinning it, but I could deal with it. At first I thought I'd like to spin back and forth across all the colors of the batt, but that proofed too difficult for me. So I decided to divide the colors in teal/gray for one single, and black, burned orange and yellow for the second single. There was a lot more fiber for the second single, so I found some teal colored fiber in my stash for the second skein. I still had some leftover singles from the black, which I navajo plied. All 8oz of this wonderful fiber is spun up!
Copenhagen -1.skein-merino-~ 523yds-2-ply-152g or 5.25oz-15 -17WPI-4

Copenhagen

fiber: CJ Kopec Creations, 100% merino, colorway: Copenhagen

yarn: 2-ply, 2 skeins; 1. skein = 523yds, 2. skein = 308yds, both are around 15-17 WPI; had some leftover singles which I navajo plied.

Copenhagen, all 8oz of it-total of 832yds without left over-2


***

20 comments:

2paw said...

Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen. Gorgeous colours and you are so clever. I am in awe of spinners!!

Ann said...

Whau!
How beautiful!
I don't know anything about spinning, but what a stunning effect your spinning has given the yarn!

SockPixie said...

This is really beautiful. Handspun yarn never ceases to insipire me!

knottygnome said...

pretty! i just love batts. i should get back to spinning again.

Virginia G said...

Those are gorgeous! Wonderful colors.

Michelle said...

Nice! I don't do a lot of spinning from batts either so I definitely have some issues with them as well. I like how the colors came out and didn't blur into each other.

Frieda said...

It's all Greek to me , but man , oh man is that gorgeous ! Nicely done ...

Guzzisue said...

ooo pretty :-)

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Yum yum yum yum

Susan said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! A well-prepared batt makes a big difference, doesn't it? You did a great job with it!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It always fascinates me how different the fleece looks once it's spun up.

Gloria Patre said...

Such a beautiful effect! Well done! I suppose you've already thought about a project for this one???

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Beautiful spinning, Monika! You also have a lot of yardage (more than usual I think?). I can't wait to see this all spun up into something magical!!!!

susannasplace said...

Irgendwann werde ich mir wohl auch ein Spinnrad zulegen müssen. Du machst einem ja richtig Lust darauf.

LG Susi

Sharon said...

Did you get all that yarn from a 4 oz batt?! OMG! I'm so impressed, not to mention jealous.

You did great! The yarn is lovely.

Guzzisue said...

I'm trying to knit 198 yards of heaven, a ravelry pattern :-) will let you know how it turns out.

illusions said...

What a glorious palette there, the yarn looks simply gorgeous.

RC said...

Beautiful! really, I just love your spinning and plying. I have to sit at my wheel and spin soon...

pat said...

What a gorgeous colorway! This is some seriously pretty yarn!

I'm Danish, so I also like the name :-)

T-Mom said...

Can't wait to see what you make out of this!