Thursday, August 21, 2008

Look ...

what the dragon lady coughed up! It's Drachenwolle, and a beautiful skein at that! It was not a surprise to find this package in my mailbox, but it was a great surprise to be asked for my address by Christiane, the dragon lady. Usually you would expect fire and smoke coming out of a dragon, but Christiane is dealing with yarn. How was it, that I came to be able to give this merino/linen sock yarn a try? Well, one day I left a comment on Heike's post about her newest yarn purchase at Drachenwolle, where she mentioned this particular blend, which was new to me. That's what I said in my comment as well, and Christiane must have read it, and was so generous to send me this gorgeous sample! I got to select the colorway myself. I was thoroughly tempted to choose one of her wonderful orange colorways, but stopped myself. There's too much orange in my life already. I LOVE this colorway, and I'm looking forward to cast on some socks.
All I can say is, thank you, Christiane! I appreciate it very much.

8 comments:

Kris B said...

Linen wool sock yarn, sounds interesting. I look forward to hearing how it knits up.

Heike said...

Huhu Monika,

ich bin gespannt, was Du aus dem Garn stricken wirst!
Tolle Überraschung vom Drachen - solche Aktionen sind einfach schön!

LG von Heike

bockstark.knits said...

isn't she super nice? and her prices are really good too! congrats, you lucky girl!

Claudia Bugh said...

You lucky duck! What a nice treat - those socks will be particularly enjoyable to wear, I think!

Elemmaciltur said...

You're making me want to dig out my Drachenwolle skeins out of the stash and just cast-on for some random socks!

Even though I haven't been writing much about her, I think I like her best next to Wollmeise here in Germany...it's the fact that she uses plant colours in her dyeing and with some really amazing results! (I hope that my information is still correct.) And I also like the mix of fibres she uses, too.

Will be looking forward to what you'll be making with this skein!

hakucho said...

Very pretty!! You certainly are lucky to get to try it. I didn't know there was a merino linen sock yarn out there. Can't wait to see what you knit with it :)

Anonymous said...

This looks beautiful. You are a lucky girl for having this yarn as a gift!

Knatolee said...

The colours are gorgeous!! I be the yarn feels wonderful too.