Thursday, July 12, 2007

Surprise from Switzerland!

Last night, when I went to get the mail, there was this mangled package. It felt like wool, but I hadn't ordered any. Hm. Quick look to the sender - CH! Who do I know in Switzerland? Closer look and all was revealed:
Manuela from Switzerland a fellow blogger, who I've been corresponding with for some time now, surprised me with no less than my favorite sock yarn - Trekking XXL - and such lovely colorway too!


There was a note on a sheet of a Diddl note pad (my daughter used to LOVE Diddly Mouse, when she was young and we still lived in Austria). Our mail box key has a Diddl key chain. ;o)

What can I say, but Thank you, Manuela!

Once again the kindness of another knitter amazes me. I'm speechless, dumbfounded, hugging those two balls to my chest! ;o)

13 comments:

Elinor said...

LOOT! And good loot at that! What a wonderful surprise!

sgeddes said...

Surprises are the best! Such nice colors too!

Dave said...

Those are gorgeous -- what great colours!!

Anonymous said...

weeeeeeeeeee!!! Surprises are the best!!
What lovely yarn, she knew just what you liked :)

Anonymous said...

There is NOTHING like an un-solicited gift of yarn arriving in the post is there.....

Anonymous said...

Great surprises like that are too much fun! My friend Jan gave me some little sheep stitch markers for being brave and trying a Turkish restaurant.

Surprises like yours are good! Do you have a favorite color?

Debi said...

Ok it's official, you own more Trekking than anyone else on the planet :)

Lovely colors!

bellamoden said...

Gorgeous stuff! Lucky you :)

Strickfimmel said...

Solche Überraschungen sind doch toll, nicht wahr? Und die Farben des Garns sind wunderschön. Ich wünsche Dir viel Spaß damit.

Anonymous said...

So jealous! I love Trekking! Yes, surprises are awesome! Have a happy Friday!

ps. I finished the cabled cardigan. If it weren't 80F Degrees I'd still be wearing it but it's just too warm. Can't wait til winter.

Kris B said...

What a nice surprise.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Those are my favorite colors! How very nice of her!

Life's a Stitch said...

Very nice surprise!
Li